Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fun with Intestines and warm water


Fun with Intestines and warm water
heh heh heh.

Sooooo...anyone else have a bit of intestine just kinda hanging outside their body? Well, i do and there is always something amusing to be found in this experience. Lately I've been working on "training" my intestine. Yup, simple tricks, sit, sit pretty, roll over, heel, you know, nothing too complicated. Well, my intestine is one smart loop of - uhhh (what is intestine? I mean, is it muscle...yeah, it's muscle - muscle. It's doing all the tricks all by itself at the appointed hour. Shocks the shit out of me cause you know I get bored easily and after 3 days of training I planned to take today off.

Not so for my intestine. It was on it like clockwork. I mean, I could practically hear the exclamations of "yeeeeeeaaaah babbbbeeeeeeee, let's do this shit!" There was some Arsenio Hall-esque fist pumping and street-fair dancing. For real, I have a terribly bout it bit of intestine.

I've also been thinking maybe I want to lose a little weight. Yes, I am truly this vapid. It was not even a year ago that I was fighting for my life in a hospital bed with tubes running in and out of me and no hope of having the smallest drop of water pass my lips, much less food. Now, though, I notice I eat without enjoying what's passing my lips so much. I eat when I'm bored or agitated about something, especially if I feel I cannot talk to anyone around me about my agitation. That should be on the decline for a while as my chief source of agitation has thankfully resigned and is moving oout of th state. Still, though.

I realize it's silly because I'm not anywhere near unhealthy or overweight. I'm just a little control-freakish. I like me at a particular point, I am not willing to cede that bit of self-determination in exchange for unchecked access to really not very good food most of the time.

I also realize that eating for me is a social activity. Put me in a group of people whose company I enjoy and I'll eat, but I'll also stop when I'm full, and getting full doesn't take much. However, leave me home alone or out and about and lonely (not necessarily alone, but lonely) and i'm clearing the fridge, scarfng everything on the plate and coming away hungry.

I suppose I am not hungry for food as much as companionship, an exchange of ideas, laughter and insight into the worlds of others.

that's some food for thought, i suppose.

heh heh heh.

No comments: