Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A world full of questions and no answers


A world full of questions and no answers
Well, I've stepped off the deep end and gone shopping online - again. New retailer, though, bluefly.com. I was in the mood for some BCBGMaxAzria. Actually, I was watching the Project Runway finale and they were offering 30 bucks off and designs by season 4 winner Christian Siriano and I just had to get my hot little hands on some of his pencil leg pants and a ruffly shirt. Rami Kashou's designs also please me. I'd love to wear his stuff, I mean, i would crash many a party and swing from the chandeliers in his designs all night long.

I did a bad job of straightening my hair this afternoon. I'm now watching Death at a Funeral and this ish is absolutely out of control. A midget in a casket, LSD mixed with ketamine, people trippin' balls left right and center...it's gets laugh-out-loud funny about halfway through and builds to the funny for the first half.

Classes are going well. Politics in the office are building and reaching their boiling point. The thing is - they can boil for quite a while so I just have to keep my hand out of the pot and tend to my own endeavors otherwise I get stressed and distracted. No point in me joining the multitude of unhappy people.

have you ever noticed that people make their own misery? There are some things that are appropriately misery inducing. Death. Illness. Emotional and mental trauma. Childhood. Pop music. But there are a lot of people who complain a whole, whole lot in life. They don't do anything to fix whatever is wrong with them, they refuse to acknowledge small or large things that can be adjusted in order to experience the happiness they crave - instead they complain that happiness does not fall in their laps.

Newsflash, happiness is a choice. You just make up your mind. And then you work toward keeping that happiness. Anything that makes you happy, you focus on. Anything that compromises your happiness, you avoid like the plague. It's all good.

Well, enough sermonizing from me. I got a cherry red cashmere t-shirt and a chocolate jersey wrap dress in case you were wondering.

Holla...

No comments: