Thursday, March 20, 2008

Girl, get your boogie on


Wooooo-hooooooo!!!!

Why am I so excited? I have no idea, not really, not unless you count the fact that I made a FANTASTIC meal, listened to Zap Mama, ate my fantastic meal and had a run-in with yet another person at my j-o-b and walked away full of that certain je n’ais ce quoi - perspective.

You know, that thing I lacked before - perspective? As in, yeah, this person is difficult and petty and really not that bright, but that’s okay because in the end everything is going to be o-kay! I pissed someone off today and I got yelled at, and I didn’t like that part very much, but in the grand scheme of things - well, I got a better understanding of the dynamics and people involved.

I have to give it to the visigoth, he actually does get people pretty well. I thought maybe he was just being flippant when he predicted that our latest addition would be flying the coop soon-ish (he’s betting 30 days or less), but now I realize it’s true. Before I just couldn’t believe someone who seemed so well-intentioned would just throw in the towel and never even bother to explore the possibilities, but it’s true, our latest addition won’t. Doesn’t care to. It’s a personality/life thing. If things don’t fall into this person’s lap, and quickly, then everything is wrong and life is terrible.

Can’t do too much with that. One of those things, you know, can’t make the unhappy happy. I used to say that I liked dating people who were hardwired to be assholes and now I can say that I can’t see a flight risk if it’ standing in front of me, waving arms about and lacing up the trainers. Upon reflection I realize I can’t tell the people who will stick with me in life either. Houston, we have a blind spot! Maybe I’m inherently shallow and thus incapable of comprehending the deeper, more meaningful things in life. What an impediment. I shall struggle on bravely, though. Good for the soul, soldiering on.

Did I mention my cousin’s wedding? My new profile photo is from the wedding. It was great. Saw family I haven’t seen in 20 years. We all look basically the same and I trust that I’ll be a fab-o older lady, if a little crotchety, judging by my aunts and uncles. All the family babies are damn near grown now. And cute. Ma famile!

Okay, now I must go critique some writing. This weekend I have to re-work my writing for another submission. Wish me luck.

No comments: