Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Doin’ the Hallelujah Dance

Doin’ the Hallelujah Dance
Oh, I loooooooove to eat.

I relish good food. Last night I nearly ascended to the heavens. I had rich whole milk yogurt (what is the deal with low-fat? All they do is add sugar so it doesn't taste like shite on a stick and then we wonder why we're diabetic. No one needs that much sugar) with cardamon, cinnamon and honey. It was all creamy and wonderful. Said to be "European Style" which I don't quite understand as the mass-produced weird stuff they sell in mini-containers here in the States is foreign to me, but whatever.

Then, I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich with thick organic wheat bread and Jarlsburg slices. If i'd had tomato and avocado, I would have thrown them in there as well. It was ridiculous. With the yogurt I did a victory fist-pump in the air. Involuntary reaction to good food. I started dancing as I ate my grilled cheese. Chased all of that with strawberry-kiwi juice and went to gaze at my new sunflowers, which for all the world insist on looking like a Van Gough painting come to life. I'm not mad at them.

I'm sitting at home, in my bedroom, laughing at the foolishness of others. Crazy McCrazy is at it again, but she's just about worn the welcome mat out of existence. Poor thing, there is probably a lot happening in her personal life that she just can't handle.

Does anyone else out there love Handel's 'Messiah?' I've heard so many versions, but every single one is lovely. My favorite is an arrangement Quincy Jones did in the early 90s. I also love Debussy. Nothing calms the savage beasty inside like Debussy. His music is pure confection, notes like cotton candy whipped in the air on a cool day. And Mahler, Mahler is great for being productive. Can't leave out Rachmaninoff. I wouldn't play Rachy cause I'm rather fond of my newfound sanity, but listening to his compositions is heartening. It's lurvely.

Well, this is my morning missive. I just had to share the food tales. I had yogurt this morning before running out the door and it brought sunshine to what is a classically cold, dreary winter day. The other love of my life is my heating pad to warm my feet. I do harbor concerns that one day it will simply burst into flame, and I hope I wake and get away without any harm being visited upon me, but until that day it's my second-favorite thing to have in bed with me. All that warmth and just one little me.

Cheers and Happy Day to you all!

No comments: