Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Oh very young what will you leave us this time?

Cat Stevens asked a good question with that. I'm back, and so much has happened. The biggest thing...and I cannot stress this enough:

Do not steal cash from your employer.

Really. It's stupid. You'll get caught. People always look at their cash, dummy, steal STUFF, not cash.

Someone in my office is stealing cash. So you know the person who handles the cash is the one who is going to get docked. No questions. Skip protocol, money goes missing, well, that's ur ass.

Now, I have taken everything but desks out of offices in my long, illustrious career. I've given employees computer, extra vacation, slipped them some cash...as a journalist I was a-ok with being given tickets, trips whatever by the person(s) i was dealing with. Ethic isn't really my middle name. But cash...never tempted. Not even a little bit. It's stupid. Just plain stupid.

So, what else? My girl prayer should have gone under the knife a couple days ago. She's probably quite drugged and sleeping right now, but shoutout to her anyway. I think all of my sisters are hitting the honor roll with a vengeance, they are sooo special!

Me, I spend my days gutting my house. I want all the stuff that has accumulated, that I'm not in love with, O.U.T. Of course, being post-op means I have to have patience while I do this. But, every day just a little more brings me a little closer to my goal. There was a time when I only made big, sweeping gestures. I'm glad to be over that phase in my life.

Well, that's all the stories I have to tell for the moment. I've been socializing up a storm lately and that's kept me from writing, but there is nothing like discipline and I'm the master of my own fate and yadda yadda yadda.

Ciao!

No comments: