Thursday, January 31, 2008

This little light of mine

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine.

Yes, I'm singing gospel ditties from my childhood in my head. I think it's because I'm full. Here's a newsflash, when you have have major surgery they put you on a soft/low residue diet. and that's fine. when you have major abdominal surgery you tend to stay on that diet for up to two months. It's a lot of refined carbohydrates. If, like me, you dropped about 50 pounds having surgery, the refined carbs aren't the worst thing in the world as you (I) actually have a shot at gaining 5 or 10 pounds and leaving the 'anorexia/bulimia zone.'

but refined carbohydrates are really, really boring. how many pieces of bread can i really eat? i love steak and butter and green leafy vegetables. Oh, if I could video blog you guys would witness the way my head fell back and a peaceful, happy expression eased across my face as i thought about leafy greens. I love to eat.

I've also had insomnia, another by-product of a diet high in refined carbohydrates. I am so tired of greeting the dawn, that shit is played like a michael jackson record in 85. So, despite being two weeks shy of when you're supposed to be introducing new things to your diet, I'm getting off the carbs. this morning i had eggs and avocado. I walked a little bit. And I feel good. Not sluggish. Sustained. I need to plan something for lunch, maybe chicken and asparagus and the remainder of my avocado. I really want a salad. But i have to taste lettuce first to make sure i can digest it. I am not going to the emergency room over a damn piece of lettuce. Been there, done that and it's the main reason I don't eat bananas any longer. bitch-ass bananas.

And later today I'll attend a meeting a work to observe the goings-on in the wake of theft at the front desk. Should be funny. I wish I had a way to listen to music while it's all happening. I like listening to music and watching people. This would be a fantastic way to do it, but alas, I can't figure out how to make it happen. I'm taking suggestions.

Shine on you crazy diamond...

No comments: