Thursday, January 24, 2008

No rest for the wicked


Wow. I might have one-hundred views this week. c'mon readers...get on the stick!

I didn't write yesterday cause I went to sleep early. I'm lying. I didn't go to sleep all that early, 2-ish, but the night before I was up writing analog-style til 4 am. Guess who has let go of her prescription pain medication and thusly gotten her brain back (in fits and starts and mostly at midnight til 5 am or so).

I have my profile open on another tab and I'm really enjoying my jukebox. Does anyone else ever listen to it? It started out with Gilberto and now I'm on jay-z with UGK (minus one, now). One of my all-time favorite lines are in this song: "Go and read a book you illiterate sonofab*tch, step up that vocab." Hey, I'm all for literacy!

The other day I was on perez hilton when he broke about a young actor's death. It punched me in the stomach, much in the way Aaliyah's death did. There is a difference, this time I'm older than the person who left entirely too early and I'm happy about my life. When Aaliyah passed, I was miserable on a lot of levels and her death was a wake-up call, "hey bitch, tomorrow is not promised, get out of the misery." I thanked her every day for about a year for providing that inspiration.

H. Ledger's death, well, I looked at his age - 28 - and felt the loss in waves. Somehow I've seen most of his movies by default usually, and enjoyed them (unexpectedly). I haven't seen Brokeback due to my moratorium on anything that might undermine my blissful state of happiness. I watch a lot of Disney Channel and Anthony Bourdain. I spent 28 having 7 major surgeries trying like crazy to save my own life (literally and figuratively). To learn that this talented, intelligent spirit lost his as I am just gaining mine was stark and saddening. I heard about the media frenzy from a photog friend who happened to pop out in SoHo from the Subway only to enter a mob (on her way to do something totally unrelated). I was proud not to be a part of the media monster any longer, I have not liked what it was becoming for years and I'm pretty done with all of it at this point. It will swing back, I'm sure, but it will take time.

So, this is a boring-ass blog. Time to prep for bed...g'night and good living.

No comments: