Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just Fine

How odd.

I just wrote a post, went to look at another page on another tab and presto-change-o, my blog was gone...

Myspace conspiracy, je ponce que oui!

Oh well, had a crap night yesterday and a fairly nasty day today. Ran into a newly minted doctor who was covering for my venerable experienced surgeon. she was crap. I think she may have been illiterate because she didn't read my surgical report(s) and told me "i don't know what's wrong with you and I wasn't in the operating room so i don't think i should do anything."

Reference: Surgical Reports. it's funny, those handy dictations aren't just useful in a lawsuit, nope, they are useful FOR OTHER DOCTORS TO READ AS WELL.

Thankfully there wasn't anything lifethreatening happening to me and I didn' thave to pay for the visit. I think I may stop filtering the thoughts in my head and just go ahead and start telling the half-ass physicians I run into exactly what I think. A few choice phrases that I've been holding on to for a while now include:

"Uh, Dr. Demented, telling a person with an invasive, chronic condidtion that she will get cured if she switches to a vegetarian diet is not only insensitive, wrong and stupid, but it will also get your license pulled for being a quack." - that I would send (and still may) to Dr. Felicia Dawson of Atlanta, Georgia.

OR

"Uh, Dr. I'm-too-busy, if a patient presents with a serious problem on some hardware that has been sewn-in by one of your associates, it's probably a good idea to read the file and find out how old the device is and whether you can take it out before an infection occurs and/or the patient has a nervous breakdown. Again, your Malpractice insurance will skyrocket if you get the pants sued off of you."

AND

"Dr. Leadhand, if your patient is on the table crying and passing out, it may be prudent to STOP THE FUCKING EXAM YOU GODDAMN SADIST."

Well, anywho, I've had a pretty pleasing day. I'm going to go get some ice cream and add benefiber to it. I'm singing a couple of songs in my head right now. Mary J. Blige's "Just Fine" and Jill Scott's "Hate on Me." Check the videos, I like Jill's cause she's basically saying you can't please the folks in the world, so you might as well work on pleasing yourself and being kind to people in general and not expect much in return.

Mary J. is channelling "off the wall" michael with this video and it's the hotness, as is the song. Don't let anything bring you down...



No comments: