Saturday, July 28, 2007

You're Never to Young to Pay Your Dues


It's late for me.

I just finished watching The Shooter with Mark Wahlberg. I remember how tasty he looked in his CK tighty boxers back in the day when he was Marky Mark...delicious. I like what he's done with his career, though, and I usually see his movies at some point in time or another. The projects he chooses are typically interesting and he's a handsome, but not overwhelming, lead actor. The Shooter was quite well done. I enjoyed the plot and the final scene and all the killing that happened in the in-between.

I'm enjoying life a lot right now. I have a new ring with a big pink multifaceted stone. I like to jiggle my finger and let the light catch the fire in the stone. It's the small things.

Today I cooked lunch for me and my dad and the dogs. Well, the dogs got a fair portion of my lunch, so they are included in the telling. I steamed some chicken with beer (beer chicken a this girl) and had pasta salad and steamed/grilled veggies and somehting else i'm not recalling at the moment. It was great. I'm so loving technology that fixes all my shortcomings. I intend to enjoy life to the fullest, having things do my cooking and cleaning and whatnot.

I just get misty thinking about the world and how great technology is in general and in specific.

This is my 75th post. Wow. Look at me. I'd like to thank the committee...I don't think I would be this far along without the time for reflection and development being the sick & shut-in has afforded me. Plus, I've gotten to explore different avenues of my little life that have gone long neglected up to this point.

For instance, today I repeated my (vaguely) routine of taking carrots down to the horses. I'll admit, yesterday was the first time this new batch of horses struck me as sentient beings. Up until yesterday's carroting they weren't more than big pretty four-legged dogs. But yesterday, one of the horses looked at me beseechingly. It was such pure pathos that I could almost hear her begging me for another carrot. I *FELT* that pain, I know that pain. Today, of course, she gave me the evil eye and got aggressive in her communication that I was to reserve all my carrots for her, but these things happen in the course of building a relationship, or so I tell myself.

ah well, it's late and my back hurts and i'm still healing. Horses are sentient beings. And they are beautiful. Happy Sunday to everyone out there in cyberspace.

No comments: