Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's Like an Island in the Middle of the Sea

FYI: Dankavele - Thank You (Dutch)

I am so proud of me. Here I got us travelling to 3 different countries in 1 day, 4 in 24 hours and we are all having such a great time. CDG was a trial - Rue's luggage was lost for 18 hours, i was tired, beth was hungry - mayhem. 2 Continents, 3 countries in 1 period of daylight hours. I am so very proud of us.

(a few hours later)

EGYPT!!! In Cairo! I am in Egypt. Gonna get halal and all the hair removed, maybe have my locks done up Egyptian style - bone straight with blond highlights. Regardless, i am committed to having an elegant, memorable vacation. We have been disturbing our neighbors with lourd music and plenty of girl talk. We are staying at the Conrad in the cheap seats. We ordered room service and we even have an old-fashioned bidet - meaning you have to wash our own ass instead of having a friendly spray of water. I am going to recruit Halima for a full-body halal - pain be damned.

The Bathroom is very european and laush. a bathtub big enough for an adult to sit in aand soak up to the armpits. marble everywhere, a glass-enclosed shower. Why is it the one I love is not the one I dream of tangling in my limbs? Life is perverse and interesting at the same time. I also get access to the Executive Center on the 22nd floor. Really, I am the impetus of this trip to Egypt - that is a special feeling, very ego boosting, to know I coordinated all of this. i think i can definately achieve ED by December this year. I may need to take Pepto Bismal with every meal. I also did not know Egypt was a bird flu country. I didn't do much research anyway.

No comments: