Monday, January 08, 2007

Have a Piece of this Pain on a Platter

My last night at the Conrad. I have on a pure gold bracelet - absolute extravagance, with my name written on it. I also purchased some art, basically Ipaid someone's salary for 3-12 months. On the reals. We took a day tour to the Pyramids in Giza - it was just astounding to realize the power of an IDEA. We also experienced a series of sandstorms, witnessed the Sphinx, added 20 Cairo teens and 10 pre-teens to my international fan club. They Pyramids were awe-inspiring - I vowed NEVER watch tv again. Astounding - just an idea. We made friends with our tour guide Angie and plan to hang with her tomorrrow. I spent $500 on a bracelet and I am not sure how I feel about that. i spent $300 on Papyrus - basically I am flat broke after two stores. Well, three. Damn my credit card. Damn me! I will have to issue statements to the ladies post-haste because my card is nearly mased out. Ai, yawa! I am fincally changing over to CET and now it is time to go. I'm straight HOOKED on Turkish coffee and lebanese food and completely oblivious to Middle Eastern boys. And i ahve my 10-20 Monkey plan - meaning I have a 10 - 20 pound monkey on my back and the only way to lose it is to sweat and sweat a whole lot.

Now I'm in the Cai-rock airport, sinus infection and all. Of course, I wanted to remain in the hotel a slong as possible, but poor planning took over, as did nerves and stress. Hza wanted to get at the airport to pick up Roja, whome we didd meet, and someone got the none-too-bright idea tha we shold come to the airport, meet Roja's 7:00 pm flight and wait in the airport for our 3:00 a.m. flight. So, 7 hours in Ciaro's airport is what we have to look foward to. Please imagine my enthusiasm at this prospect. There isn't any. I have not seen my CC statement, but I am relieved that the hotel only cost $1000 U.S. I don't know why we coudln't stay at the hotel or hza's until 10 pm or so. Course, i also don't want to leave Cairock, this crazy Egyptian city interest and excites me - it teems with possibility. Also interesting were the ideaologies of Rue, Hza, and Beff. I guess I always take for granted two things - I blend in as often as i can and when i can't I definately use money as my fallback plan.

+One hour: I probably won't be in paris too long, everyone else wants to go straight home and if I can get a ticket, I'll probably take it. Get home a little early, earn me a hot rub-up from my little man and go the hell to sleepw ith instructions for him to wake me up for A: Food and B: A nice kenalog & recoephin shot. My Khartouch bracelet has an Eye of Horus on it to ward away envy and evil thoughts. I am protected. Oum Kalthoum just entered rotation. Rue picked up "G: - an American who lives in Amsterdam and loves it. Beff is off gathering snacks to carry back to the Plantation. I got my Egyptian crushes on, too, albeit mildly. It was cool and strangely liberating to know society was divided. Plus, I relaxed so much not worrying about men and their psychology beyond the most basic "is he decent? is he going to try to touch me?" And Phoebe Snow is on the headphones. I am seeing my first Egyptian cockroach.

No comments: