Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Brown Skin - Up Against My Brown Skin

Goodbye Cairo! At the airport, on the plane. Have mercy, saying hello and goodbye, both in the dark. I have rediscovered spades at the behest of Rue, Beth and our newest roaddog Gene, whose name i swear I recognize. I also have an entire seat to myself - night nigh sleepy time.
Flight Time between Cairo and Amsterdam: 4 hours 30 minutes. For future reference, 97% of the Dutch population speaks English fluently (per Gene). Rue is starting to plan her expatriate move. I don't even have the heart to be jealous, I have my own life now and I am living it the best I know how. I do believe some vacations are meant to happen IN OTHER COUNTRIES. God, all I know are eligible bachelors: Gene, Dulce, Ray, T-rock - surrounded by intelligent, insightful, individual (truly) men. No one knew it, but Jim-Bob was a super-eligible bachelor as well.
I owe Beff $200 from the purchase of the bracelet. A little less - bracelet was $560 and the hotel was $1080.00. That wasn't bad at all considering 3 or 4 nights we were all over room service like whoa! Now I can practice Arabic knowing there is a practical purpose and look for medical conferences in the Arab world. I must have been super sleepy when we came to Cairo because I surely don't remember seeing the promo video for the entertainment system on the KLM plane! I have a bracelet to ward off the evil eye!
I fashioned a yoga-roll out of my spa towel (Egyptian Cotton!) and wrapped it in airline blanket plastic for the bottom of my bag. I grabbed a KLM blanket for the home collection.

No comments: