Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Change your hair - change your life!

That's one of my favorite sayings. It's true too. Today was a good day for not writing. I keep bullying myself, challenging and taunting myself to get back to editing, but I just broke out in a rash and that seems enough to put a pause to all activity. Plus, I'm tired.

I'm on the Ralph Lauren site. Gone are the halcyon days of cruising websites and waiting with all manner of anxiety for my purchases to arrive. I'm moving! I'm going to graduate school! I'm reverting to poor (by comparison) student life. I must refamiliarize myself with TJ Maxx. I've always loved a well-cut piece of clothing, I just can't afford to pay premium prices any longer.

I have, however, thoroughly vetted every piece of clothing in my closet. All that remain are items I love and feel good in. The closet is...sparsely populated. I'm inspired by my friend Fly-brother (Ernest White II, a desperately handsome fella) @http://fly-brother.blogspot.com/ who packed all his belongings into two carry-on bags. If I need to, I have no problem doing this, I prefer to travel light. But I've been living heavy for a while. I mean...don't crucify me for this, but I just realized I have no business tripping the market fantastic on eluxury.com or net-a-porter.com any longer.

This is going to take a real adjustment on my part.

Oh well. Onward and upward. I'm going to bed. I'm not going to dream of Vuitton or Louboutin! I am...I so totally am. And Bocchic Origine cuffs and raw diamonds. I'm going to dream of all of it...

No comments: