Sunday, September 07, 2008

What did I tell ya'll about how I work?

See. I'm at work RIGHT NOW. I've been here for close to two hours. I'm just sayin...

So, it's Sunday and I'm going to take a moment to blast my little sister for not taking any pics of me with my fly new haircut (hint: I got bangs) and thus disabling me from showing you guys my fly new Betty-Page-esqe look.

Add insult to injury: I think little sister also flew away with my camera. I may have told her she could, but only telepathically. I think. I don't know, it was a long time ago. Like, last weekend.

The other day, my friend "J" got himself hit by a car on a bike. Again. How fucked up is that, that I have to qualify that statement. It is not enough to unveil the horror of a loved one's mortality with "he got hit by a car while on a bike." Oh no. I have to say "again." Because it's accurate and true. This is the second time (that I'm aware of, though he has disclosed 6 accidents, I don't know the details of them).

The key differences - he walked away from this one. In a sense, at least, I mean, he was ambulanced away but left the ER sore but able to perambulate on his own. The last time he got hit by a car he was not so fortunate.

That's what we're going to focus on, the fortunate part. Yes, i thought it was pure folly for him to commute on a bicycle, but I understood the economic concerns (even if they were mainly the result of a skewed sense of priorities, but whatever). I can appreciate staring death in the face and getting the glorious reprieve of "not this time." Thus, i am fortunate to still have my friend, in one piece no less, and that's that. Ya'll just send up a thought for the mysterious, accident-prone "J", who is really the best lunch buddy a girl like me could ask for (he believes in free food, listens like a pro, empathizes no matter what the situation, and has an attention span equal to or less than mine, and he's just damn interesting).

Another friend, "M", also got in a car accident. He totalled his car last week, so add him to your thoughts list. M is having what I have deemed an interesting life. We don't get to talk much, but he's a good guy and deserves warm energy.

Alright, well, that's my shoutout list for the week! Send all requests to...LOL.

Czilla

No comments: