Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sittin' on a GoldMine

I have to thank my buddy TeraByte for that phrase. Apparently she was complaining about being poor and hungry freshman year of college and her mother made the comment that she didn't know why our Terabyte was complaining when she was sitting on a goldmine.

Yes. I'm going to let that sink in for a bit. Sitting on a goldmine...

Speaking of, I have a goldmine on my shoulders. Tonight I wandered around Borders with J-Boogie talking about the emotional differences between men and women. The conclusion? Men are slower to feel, but feel as deeply as women. As such, it's very easy for a woman to shatter a man - and all his hopes and dreams focused in her direction - with a casual word or deed. It's rough out there for the fellas, I tell ya.

We also hashed out the redeeming qualities of arranged marriage (personally, I think it's a fairly responsible concept and for years I wished my family was cohesive enough to choose me a husband and then marry me off. I mean, really, dating is for the birds), and the importance of clear, structured communication within the context of a relationship and what types of relationships (clearly defined roles of influence and power) feature structured communication. In all it was a very stimulating evening.

Tonight I also came up on the final book in the Bartimaeus Trilogy. Ptolomey's Gate! Yeah!!! I'm so excited. The book practically leapt into my hands as I was standing by the clearance racks. Very, very cool.

So, I'm yawning and I'd like to read a few more pages before fading into the ether. I just had to share the whole "sitting on a goldmine" phrase. It was too perfect to pass up.

No comments: