Sunday, June 01, 2008

I’ve never been to Neverland Ranch


I’ve never been to Neverland Ranch
Stop laughing! I'm serious. I've never been to Neverland Ranch and that was one of my life's ambitions.

I never saw Phyllis Hyman perform live and then she hauled off and killed herself.

There are a quite a few other things I've never done. I never did master Fortran, but it doesn't seem like much of a loss. I've doctored a script for a movie, but never acted in one. I never performed on the Great White Way, though that's a move that may happen sometime in the future. Never too old.

Let me tell you what I did do, recently too: I drove on the interstate singing along with a song I really dig. This is quite major for me - I've not driven in a year and I couldn't sing for nearly as long (I also could not laugh other than to say "ha-ha-ha" in a very dry manner).

The 40-year-old Virgin is always funny. It's Sunday and I'm thankful for my new accomplishments. If you see someone tottling down the street, singing happily and occasionally clapping spontaneously - that's me, and I'm happy, very very happy.

Cheers!

No comments: