Saturday, June 14, 2008

Best for Last

Best for Last
Saturday night...and I'm finally home. Sorry I've been offline all week, something was flukey with the home wifi, I suppose I should be trifling and put a password on the network and stop sharing with the neighbors. It hurts my heart to do it, though, because I love to pirate anything and everything. Oh well, life keeps on moving.

Today me, KymE, and Caddy went to the movies then we launched ourselves on a galaxy quest for a store my hairdresser told me sold skinny jeans on the cheap with lots of spandex or lycra sewn in. Perfect for curvy girls. About an hour after we set out we finally found the place. We passed the city jail in all it's terrible glory and were regaled with a tale from KymE about having to bail a friend out the weekend previous (a 12-hour ordeal). Turns out she actually knew the place we were going. We spent a good chunk of our time recovering from the journey in a nearby IHOP and discussing the dearth of cheap shit in the downtown area where it would be convenient for us. We spoke with relish of street vendors and people with teh back of the truck open in New York, Chicago and San Francisco. I declared that I wouldn't mind moving back to New York and was committed to making my next permanent residence in a Parisian Arrondisment.

I did get those skinny jeans, btw, 30 bucks and some fly new aviator glasses for 5 bucks. Factor in the gas and I'm up to about 80 bucks, but still at a savings.

You know what's funny? In driving down to the ranch my mind wandered off the minutae of wirk and onto dreams for myself. I've been feeling a whole lot like Samantha in the SATC movie: I say someone else's name 50 times a day and hardly ever say my own. Every move I make is in representing someone else - who I'm much savvier than and it's not a secret at all. The old adage about success being a "we" and failure being an "I" is in full effect. I don't mind so much that bit, but I chafe at always looking out for someone else's interest, working at their behest blah blah blah.

Anywho, I know I want and need to go back to school. So I figure I'll apply to programs that interest me and see what comes up as viable. Preferably online classes, but I do enjoy the stimulation of being in a classroom. Except usually the other student are really slow and mildly stupid. That's frustrating. Perhaps I should extend myself and give a go at attending a really good school, instead of just going someplace close by. Perhaps I should create some ripples in my life - again.

It's attractive and boring all at the same time. We shall see.

Ta!

No comments: