Thursday, May 22, 2008

Feel Flows

Feel Flows
Has anyone else noticed a tendency to grow away from friends? I know I'm not the only one. It's funny, I'm not terribly good with remembering things. I don't remember events that were/are major for other people simply because the event doesn't register as exceptional at the time for me.

But, then, I tend to stir up trouble often and much. It takes a fair amount to get my attention. Earlier today my friends and I were talking about another friend who had an SUV (a navigator or something) driven into her bedroom by her house-mates drunk boyfriend. I didn't even believe her when she told me about it a day later. Being a 'show don't tell' person, she insisted we walk over to her place and *voila* there was the demolished wall and telltale tread marks over her bedspread.

It was a mess. That impressed me, especially since it is one of my odd fears. I heard this story in middle school about this guy (it was one of those Be Christian, Be Good, God will still get you, but hedge your bets lectures) and his wife and a semi drove into their house and he even lifted his shirt to show a whole gym full of kids the tread marks on his back.

I think the wife died. The whole point of the rally/lecture was anti-drinking and driving, but all i could think of was "Jesusjehosephat! A Semi careens into your house and runs you and your wife over?! There you are, sleeping all peaceful and suddenly a monster is in your bedroom, on top of you...a bleeping SEMI?"

So, when my friend had a Navigator climb into her bed, I was completely undone. It's part of the reason I don't believe in ground-floor dwellings.

Hm. Lookit that, I'm two views away from a whopping 5000 since I started this blog. I still wonder if the times I look at my own blog before writing the new missive are counted. I tend to think not, now, but I'm pretty sure people read this blog by accident a lot.

Thanks for dropping in , btw.

I did start participating in the writing class again last night. I don't know if I'll submit anything for review, but I'm getting back to critiquing the work of others and I hope I offer encouragement. I don't care for telling people what does and does not work when they are on Beta draft and really just need "hey, that's interesting, i like the characters but your sentences are a little flukey, keep writing, I'm intrigued."

Or maybe that's just me. Perhaps I need the pats on teh back and I'm projecting onto my classmates.

LOL.

Well, I'm typing with one eye closed and the other one is drooping. Big yawn, feels like my jaw is going to unhinge one of these days.

Keep it freaktastic!

No comments: