Sunday, April 06, 2008

You were the one who said forever from the start

I just woke up. Not a damn thing to write. I’m still quasi-stuck on this whole "your body is phukked" thing, but that’s a vast overstatement. i just have some permanent nerve damage. No biggie.

I do want a disability parking pass though. I mean, I have nerve damage, that’s some old Agent Orange shit. It did not help matters at all that I met this guy this weekend who - and I am not lying - fell out of his Hummer (more like missed the last step or something) and broke his ankle. Hell of a fall, right? So, he’s on crutches for a few weeks and gets a parking ticket for parking in a handicapped space. He gets 38 high and sends his assistant to get him a permanent disabled driver’s license. We used that sucker with impunity this weekend. Obviously I am not optimizing my trials and tribulations as a cripple properly. This situation shall be rectified with haste.

My homie Ray is on his way to Canuckistan, then further north into Canuskistan, and then further north to a remote island in Canuckistan to set up a satellite. He’s gonna turn into a hypersmart little choco-popsicle. It was really nice knowing him. Truly. A pleasure. You hear those jokes about people being assigned to a post in the arctic when they fuck up on the job. ummmm. Ray has been assigned to a post in the Arctic and he’s on his way there. I don’t think he fucked up though. It’s assbackwards, but I think this is an advance in his career. Crazy, right?

My grandmother and I got into a political argument the other day. Over the phone. I had to get off the phone when she started yelling. She calls herself an Obama-Gramma and I like Obama plenty and I plan to vote for him. But I was telling her that Hillary is fighting a good fight and I respect her immensely. She’s a devastatingly smart woman, very strong, with good judgement. Everyone has lapses, hell, my lapses had first and last names and social security numbers! But she’s a great candidate and she’s running a fantastic race. Does that alter how I feel about voting - not an iota. I respect McCain as well. He’s a career politician, but he’s centered somehow. Last time he ran (does anyone else remember this) the Bush people and all their CIA contacts dredged up never-before known or released information about his time as a POW. It was so fucked up. They trotted out one of his former camp-mates and played up the fact that the two men never talk now. It was ridiculous. It was dirty and ugly and shameful. There are some things people should not have to talk about: Sex (good, bad, and indifferent), torture, family, and their own personal list of unspeakables.

Everyone has unspeakables. Lots of people wear the unspeakables on their sleeves, but unspeakables are just that for a reason. They aren’t for the world, they are what defines us and our human experience. Unspeakables are shared with those we trust, they are not the means by which others trust us other than how they inform our actions.

Well, Nancy Wilson is singing "Guess who I saw today" it’s a song about a wife catching her husband cheating at a bistro. Gazing with love at another woman "I saw two people across the bar/who were so in love/even i could spot it clear across the room/ Guess who i saw today my dear/ I’ve never been so shocked before/I headed blindly for the door/ Guess who I saw today?/ I saw youuuuuuuuuu."

Peace

No comments: