Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sunrise

Sunrise
Sunovabiith!

Tonight i taxi’ed over to midtown art cinema to grab some late dinner with my sister and found out the highlander was having all you can eat crablegs for 19.95. People around us had tables piled high with king crab legs, the air was crisp with cracking bottom-dweller limbs. So we pull up to a table, the waittress comes over and asks if we’re ready to order. I say, "yeah, we’ll have the all you can eat crablegs" and she says "I need to see some i.d."

And i’m confused. What does age have to do with crablegs? Ordinarily I’d hand her my ID and let her feel stupid cause I might look 15 but I’m twice that and people just have to hate on me on their own time. But the sister is 17...so I ask how old you have to be and the waittress (who incidentally had a bad perm, bad skin and funky bone structure) says "21."

Obviously I will be obtaining a fake ID for this sister of mine cause we can not get turned away from all-you-can eat crablegs just because of some fascist smoking law (that’s what the waittress cited, a smoking law). We settled for kids portions of chinese food and gossipping about teenage pregnancy.

My sister has a friend who has missed her period two months in a row, has LOTS of unprotected sex and is *still* convinced that she can’t possibly be pregnant. She also refuses to take a pregnancy test. This is going to be one of those "why is my stomach cramping" pregnancies where the baby is born to a girl who honestly cannot fathom how it happened (hint: you let him stick the tip in. that’s the dangerous part, incidentally, the tip! that’s where the baby-making stuff comes out...)

One of the horses at the ranch is so pregnant she’s waddling. Ever see a 15 hand high black horse with delicate legs waddle? It’s memorable. That foal is coming soon and she looks like everything is hellish right now and she’s just so damn tired of being fat and heavy and having her organs squeezed together. But her attitude has improved, I imagine she’s too tired to go kicking folks at the moment.

I flipped out the other day because Santogold’s song Creator was featured on some corporate commercial. Then my homie was telling me that Quaddaffi camped out on the White House lawn in his white tent (he will only sleep in white tents attended by beautiful virgin maidens) and exited with his entourage blasting Creator recently. Almost makes me wanna move to Libya. Good taste in music matters to me.

Alright, I have Neverwhere to read..

No comments: