Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How many crablegs can she eat?

How many crablegs can she eat?
Exactly 10. With help. that's king crablegs. Yep, so there is one less king crab in the universe/sea now. One down...

I have to give a shoutout to The Highlander for giving me something to dream about for almost a full month, then coming through with the promise. I called ahead to make sure they hadn't cancelled the event and the barman was casual as you please telling me "oh yeah, every tuesday is all you can eat crablegs all day."

I'm sure they know most people really can't put down that much crab. For $20.00 they are winning the battle and getting people to drink.

Wow. Cee-lo is singing "Who's gonna save my soul now?" in the most wonderful, plaintive and soulful manner. I'm digging this song. Heavily.

I think it's about time for me to start allowing myself to be observed and monitored by my cadre of surgeons again. I've had just about plenty of pretending to be normal - or fancying that I have the ability to keep the charade going. I wonder if I fool anyone? It would be amazing if someone believed me. But I suppose most people don't look all that closely.

I was talking with my godmother earlier today and related something someone said to someone else about me and she shrieked "jesus, people can be so self-absorbed." and I agreed, yes, we can all be pretty self-absorbed. I tend to hope that I get the majority of my self-absorption out in my writing, the absorption increases when I'm not writing and turns very quickly into something dangerous - all that energy goes destructive and I start hurting myself rather quickly. Better to get it out, talk it out, write it out, stare-at-horses it out.

I watched an interesting movie today with Renee Zellweger. I respect her body of work. I can say that now, before I always thought "she must be fucking for roles" but it's actually that she transcends her rather odd looks and radiates beauty, talent, strength and vulnerability. That one mines her self, then empties the vessel to see what new can be poured in. Happy for her. The movie was Price of Rubies or something like that. Renee was a wife in an orthodox Jewish sect. She went through it. I loved the movie, it was slow and engrossing.

Cee-lo is telling the little children to run this way. On that note, I head into the moonlight for more adventures.

No comments: