Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ben n’ Ringo and The Pearl fishers

Ben n’ Ringo and The Pearl fishers
Ostensibly, this is about music. But not really. I just saw a clip of Ben Harper interviewing and joking around with Ringo Starr. I kinda dig Ringo, he's low profile and i respect that. Ben Harper, well he's ambitious and low profile, thoroughly NorCal - interesting melange of characteristics and his Burn to Shine album put me on for a long, long time. His voice can annoy me though, so it's a mood thing, for sure.

The Pearl Fishers - I'm listening to Amici Forever right now. i know a lot of purists hate the Pop-Opera movement, but I think anything that keeps an art form vibrant and relevant without destroying the art of it is valid and I'm all for Pop-Opera since it's fun.

I'm in Minneapolis just not. No, I did not purify myself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka, but I damn sure thought about it. i've been marveling at this city - who knew? There is an eclectic vibe and industry and some sharp, interesting people wandering around. I like the energy and i can't say that about a lot of Midwestern cities. Mainly because of a prejudice developed while living in the seven level of hell (not Alabama, Indiana). I'm sleepy and I have some stuff to do for my writing class, but I just had to write something while in Minneapolis, hometown of one of the three living performers whom I would be completely unnerved to me. His royal purple badness, Prince.

Ach! There aren't words in the English language to describe how I feel about him, though I tried hard last night to articulate my feelings to a colleague. Prince: the artist who seemed to know the rhythm of my life and expressed spirt and sex ever so eloquently. And he's pretty. So pretty.

Okay, typing with both eyes closed...luvs!

No comments: