Friday, December 21, 2007

If you think of me/If you miss me once in a while


Fawkin' body & health. that's all I have to say about that. Brought me to tears today, it did, and I don't like crying. But hey, it's the holiday season, gotta have something to get emotional and overwrought over, right?

And I'd sworn blind I would not be buying x-mas gifts and who raided Overstock.com last night and is headed over to Target.com as she types in her blog?

The title is from Tracy Chapman "The Promise" it is the most peaceful, plaintive song:

"Oh I long for you
And I have desired
To See your face
Your smile
To be with you
where-eh-eh-ver you are"

Tracy passed by me in her superdope Mercedes in SF once. Apparently she was on her way to the Lex, she was slumming or something, and she promised to come back the next night and hear these chicks Sandra and Sky play, but she didn't. Probably forgot. Got wrapped up at a wine tasting or somesuch.

The family is outside courting a boarder for the stables. I'm upstairs, inside, recovering from my bought of scary intestinal disrupt and madness. I think I will work on my story today. The other day someone asked me if it was a short story or a book. Sometimes I think I'm writing nothing but backstory and I can't answer that question at all. But I love my poor main character, though she's not poor and i don't necessarily pity her. I love her though. She's stoic and she's strong and she has deep wells of compassion and empathy. But she's not a talker, that's for durn shure.

Bebel Gilberta "Aganju" just came on. When I get tired of America I may just relocate myself to some island off of Brazil. I had a friend in New York whose fiancee's family owned an island off of Brazil. They were Hindi Indians. Very interesting.

Alright...til next time...or until I need to express myself again.

~Your Secret Heart

No comments: