Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not a Nice Girl


Apparently I keep intimidating/scaring the shit out of people who interview for jobs with my company. I am "intense," I think that is the word. They don't get to see the soft, mushy, compassionate side of me because I'm too busy firing questions and asking them to think on their feet.

Word to the wise, if an interviewer is difficult, it's probably because it's a REALLY PLUM JOB, and you might just want to suck it up and do your best. I guess most people don't interview for advanced positions with Fortune 500 companies and don't know that they research everything down to your bathroom habitudes in order to figure out if you will fit into the corporate culture and make money for the company.

"how hard we triiiiieeeed" - Ani DiFranco

that's all for tonight. I have to interview/scare the bejeebus out of someone tomorrow.

No comments: