Monday, October 22, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring, The old man is Snoring


Amazingly enough I just understood this old nursery rhyme I've know just about my whole life. Now I have to google the entire rhyme in middle English and get the real scoop. As the title reads rain, pour and the old man (god, the sky) snoring - thunder.

Incidentally, did you know it seldom thunders in California, especially Northern California. i wonder why that is...freak of nature type activity. I'm from Florida, it thunders every afternoon and twice a day in the summers in Florida.

Not so much is happening on this end of the world. I'm reading Stardust and the book is legions better than the movie and I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. That Neil Gaiman is a talented something. I'm started to see some of his obsessions, he loves fairytales and mythology. Not a bad obsession, and he makes good use of it.

My love of the day is Bleu Cheese Dressing. I don't know why, I've never liked blue cheese, but this bleu cheese dressing from Marie's is so delicious, it is a reason all by itself to eat salad! I'm obsessive about it, I hope the obsession passes gently into the good night, though, as the stuff is pricey and my obsession is entirely too specific for me to keep this up.

I just had a thought of gastro-nirvana: Prime Rib with Blue Cheese Dressing to Dip and a Pat of Butter on Top.

I could ascend directly to heaven, forget all the other stuff. 70 Virgins are for the birds (do men every wonder what the heck they would do with 70 virgins, btw? Girls with bad nerves, who will cry a lot...whatever!), I want the meal I just described if I'm gonna sacrifice myself for the greater good.

I suppose we all have different motivations...back to my books.

No comments: