Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It Was the Sweetest Thing I've Known


Gentle Reader,

I've always wanted to start a book that way: Gentle Reader. Doesn't it make you feel warm, cuddly and welcomed?

Wow. Distractions by Zero 7 just launched on the iPod and the singer's voice is entirly too melismatic. In a great sense, melismatic. OOoh! A Banner for Zwinkies. Maybe I'll make me one! i don't want a doe-eyed lady zwinky, though, i want a slant-eyed, steaming, sexy zwinky. I want a boy zwinky with hair.

Tomorrow I go back to Club Med for another weeklong stay. Hurrah! Only problem is I'm hungry right now. Getting ready for the plunge usually isn't so bad but liquid diets more or less blow when you've been eating nonstop for two weeks to get ready for all the non-eating that will follow surgery as I have been doing. In retrospect it probably would have been wiser to start tapering off the eating instead of increasing to include all the foods I haven't had in 6 months.

For the record, my last meal was spectacular and if I was going to regret something, I'm glad that's what I'm regretting. I had seared (rare) ahi tuna in a sesame sauce with a cast-iron mini-pot of cheddar macaroni. For an appetizer I enjoyed lamb lollipops with concord grade chili compote and fragrant Lavender Jasmine tea. Just detailing the meal makes me happy. It also makes me salivate, but that could be because it's time to refill the liquids in my body.

Well, guess I'll shove off and get to refilling.

Ciao! (for at least a week

No comments: