Thursday, August 02, 2007

Tell Her Tonight

Hmmmm. So it's not that Myspace hates my browsers, it's that Myspace isn't all that Mac-Compatible! Quelle horreur! Dios Mio!

Oh well. I'm preparing to take a mini-vacae. Something other than spending quality time in a hospital ward. I'm excited. In long-standing 'leaving town' tradition, I've also decided to catch up on all the projects I've been neglecting for the past few weeks.

It helps that I finally feel okay, too. I digress.

So, it's officially dark as hell outside and I've gotten motivated to draw up contracts, termination letters, pack bags, call the airport for a wheelchair (and a subsequent seat upgrade that wasn't available with my mileage, being a cripple RAWKS!), and devise staffing schedules, schedule interviews for soon-to-be hiring...the list goes on.

In my downtime I write my blog, read a couple of books, watch a little goss-oriented t.v., and cook yet another finenTasty dinner.

I know i've said it before, but whatever your shortcomings there exists technology to fix them! I can't believe my excellent luck. I just throw some meat and veggies on the infusion cooker and *voila* a meal is prepared - healthy, delicious, mildly exotic. There have been clean plates every night this week. It is tremendously gratifying. I've not even changed my poor cooking habits - I still forget the food is on and get distracted online or whatever. The difference is, the food doesn't burn to hell.

Oh, and I made this vegan ravioli florentine, tossed with a wee bit of olive oil - FABULOUS!!!!
   

In other news, I have this juicy tidbit on the saga of Bobby Womack and Sam Cooke:

It was bad enough that Bobby Womack (Sam Cooke's protege) married Cooke's widow (Barbara) three months after his death 'But' what Womack reveals in his new autobiography, "Midnight Mover," is even more disturbing. During the marriage, Womack was creeping into his stepdaughter's (Linda's) room at night and having sex with her until Barbara caught him and held a gun against his head.  She told him to get the fu** out of her house.  Womack ran to the garage, Barbara followed and shot at him, the bullet grazed his scalp.  This is the reason for their divorce in 1970.  Linda would marry Bobby's brother and she would never speak to her mother again.

Okay! If that isn't crazy, I don't know what crazy is. That's cRaZY! And, so, in honor of all that, I present more vids from Mr. Soul and something random that makes me feel good. Enjoy and eat well!



and the Original by Dylan:






No comments: