Sunday, August 19, 2007

Life is a Lemon - I Want My Money Back


Err.

I don't mean that. I'm listening to Meatloaf and that's what he's singing. If it was sung straight-out this song would be depressing, but it's not because he's rocking it so freaking hard. Grinding guitars, soaring background vocals, he's hashing and biting the lyrics...amazing really.

Today I went out shopping (pronounced chop-ping). It was fun. My sister did all my thinking for me. It's a good life when other people do your thinking for you. I realize I like having other people think about the details or sticky points in life for me. I like being on the passenger side but still going where I want, I like ending up with cute clothes but only being responsible for paying at the register, not actually deciding if they are cute. I like learning how to cook by eating good food and getting told the instructions half-a-million times so I have to brain dead not to remember. I like coming home and finding the place rearranged by someone with an eye for detail and design.

It's a great life.

Other things I have decided today: Golf is not a sport. it's not even all that aerobic an activity. But it's fun.
Horses are pretty funny.
I don't mind working. I kinda like work. But I like glamour and intelligence and humor in the workplace. My current employment is a wee bit lacking in the three important qualities. I'll improve that before I leave.
My dad is very, very, very cool.
Advertisers are uber-smart. And people generally get worn to a nub by all the lies that are put out in advertising.
I'd like to meet the people who write CSI. They are super smart and very well researched. I WISH.

that's all for now folks!

No comments: