Sunday, July 01, 2007

Post-Op Depression

It happens. Post-op depression. I always have a bout, usually once I'm certain I'm in the clear I experience a day or two of relieved super anxiety. it always helps to get involved in something 'happy.' today's happy activity is watching Happy Feet and right now Mumble, the outcast little emperor penguine is tapping up a happy storm to Back in the Day by Steview Wonder.

Uh. the seagulls are Italian Mobsters and they believe they have been abducted by aliens. Today is an italian day for me, I started out with The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly by Roberto Bertolini. I like Clint Eastwood movies, he's so good listening and there is always such morality to his movies. I found The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly fascinating because I don't think there was an ounce of dialogue for the first 20 minutes. There were plenty of sketchy looks, gunfire, a rape or two and the multiple hangings of one man. A lot went on before a word was uttered. Oh and the title was displayed really differently - there would be an entire scene without a real focus or focal character, then once the focal character had emerged his place in the title was written in bloody script next to his face "The Ugly," then "The Bad," then "the Good." Clint was the good. Kickass.

Lately I've been examining the six degrees of separation rule. In short, the theory is that every person on earth is separated by about 6 other people - or six degrees. But lately, whenever I've been asked about certain people, or found myself wondering about one person or another - whether it's Paris Hilton or His Holiness the Dalai Lama and I realized that I know exactly one person who knows the person in question directly. I have one degree of separation between me and most people that I might be interested in at least having a conversation with. That's funny and a little confusing because I never want to meet anyone in particular, but I guess, if I were so inclined, I would.

My Papa and my boyfriend just walked in, so now I get to defrag on the whole stepfather is a total asshole thing.

No comments: