Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just woke up, how bout you?

Well, there's exciting news on the medical experiementation front: Testosterone given in significant amounts to young women already on regimen of medications induces vomiting. Non-stop, without ceasing vomiting.

As with any other area of life, you can decide just how miserable you want to be. Personally, I don't wanna blow chunks so the complete liquid diet is in full effect. And i'm opposed to bile. Bile sucks, you don't want to taste too much of that either. Gotta line the stomach with something stickin' and liquid and sleep off the rest.

There is a sweet, well-produced song on right now "I don't want to stress" with Jaheim, Anthony Hamilton, Musiq and maybe someone else. I like the strong, rugged voices of Jaheim and Anthony Hamilton, they are traditions within the black community. I remember reading an article with Jaheim a while back where he was introduced to Teddy Pendergrass and Jaheim was being mouthy, young, and stupid all in the same breath and Teddy just dismissively said "I've already done your sound...30 years ago."

Ooooaaaaahhhhh - a moment! The Song Blackberry Molasses. The guys who made this Mista were so young but had incredibly control and soul. Strong voices "don't want to hear bout your hardships cause i've been there myself a time or two." That's a line from the song. They probably got lost in a label war or merger, they were on a small label.

Well, for now, since I'm just waking up this is about all I have in terms of thought. that and I need to pack for my trip to Chicago tomorrow. We'll see what happens in the C-H-I since I'll be with Maya and she tends to bring out the songwriter in me. I look forward to singing with my cousin. I've decided she's Shakira and I'm...Minnie Riperton without the range. I'll work on that comparison.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lyfe jennings. he's on that song too.