Monday, March 12, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, after a lazy, wonderful weekend in the country - the real country where you don't get cellphone or internet service - i'm back in the city for my big appointment with my big-time surgeon. Maybe today I'll get my surgery date. I hope, i hope, I hope.

I have to give a shout-out to le petite soeur cuz she drove me to the Super 8 Motel last night to get my Wi-Fi pirate on for wirk. Poor thing was drooping over the steering wheel while I flashed off quotes for the business website. Bless her heart!

I'm not all that excited to be back in the "city." yesterday I met one of my uncle's 20+ kids (yes, he pretty much stuck it anywhere he could) and this guy has lived in the ATL all his life and he's like "so do you go out? to the clubs? 112? Visions? Any of the strip clubs?" I'm in the hammock soaking in 75 degrees of pure sunshine and smelling bbq I cannot eat and I'm saying "no, no, yeah, i went there in college, but not since i've been living here for 3 years and strippers are usually exploited."

My one interesting tidbit was that the girlss in the Atlanta clubs inject saline into their asses to make them jiggle more. My father, wit that he is, thought this was effective and very, very funny. All I can think of is Hepatitis, cause they aren't going to doctors for the saline treatment, they are filling a syringe and going from girl to girl. Somebody's gonna get something, that's all I'm saying. And for a jiggle that barely yields $5 per song...I've written about this earlier - not enough money for the kid.

Anyway, the boyfriend/boss was being his regular asshole self and that bothered me and I'm just thinking "shit, I don't have any friends around this place, I barely get out of the house and that's just sad because I'm a person with very little sense of stranger danger. I'm the girl who gets into the car with a friendly stranger and ends up in some hole-in-the-wall club dancing and having a good time and gets home safely."

Oh well, I have to focus on the positive. i was so annoyed earlier that I turned to Papa and demanded "say something positive for me because I'm having a really hard time right now" and he simply smiled at me. *Boom* the tension - emotional, mental and physical began to dissolve and he laughed and said "see, that's all you needed. Sometimes there are not words that can do more than an action."

So, to all you out there, I send a smile, a genuine warm caring smile. Best day to you!

No comments: