Friday, August 01, 2008

I heart this song



Came to work today to give myself a break from reading novels. I finished Tempest Tales by Walter Mosely (it was hilarious and inspirational, there is nothing the man has written that I've not read and loved and admired deeply) and got back into Gods Behaving Badly, which has gotten uber funny.

The line I left on:

Would raping you harm you? (Apollo)

Huh? (Alice - cold fear gripping her heart)

If I raped you, would it harm you? (Apollo)

Yes. It would harm me. (Alice)

Well, then you should leave. Don't forget your bag. (Apollo)

Hilarious. Really. The context is that poor Apollo has been hit with one of Eros' arrows and is in love with the mortal Alice. But Eros didn't have the heart to see through the rest of the plan and make Alice hate Apollo, so instead Apollo is in love and Alice is blissfully unaware.

Did I mention that Eros is now a born-again Christian? When his mother, Aphrodite, put him up to hitting Apollo with the arrow he actually asked "What would Jesus do?" Such a good time

No comments: