Thursday, May 08, 2008

WOrD


Yeah, has anyone noticed there isn't a blog category for politics on Myspace? Again, myspace is for skanks. Nevermind I'm here. I'm just helpin' out.








Enjoy. Dance. Register to Vote. Vote.

Once, a long time ago, when I was an aspiring journo (this is before you become a journo and mostly hang out for the food and backstage passes) I covered the first G.W. bush election. Nasty business. Anyway, I was stationed out in suburbia at a church. I saw NO people of color. Everyone was boomer-ish and as they passed out of the polling place they would smile and chat with me and say to the person walking in "make the right decision."

Without fail. "Make the right decision." It was a community convinced about their candidate *Dubya* and enforcing it with one another.

Well, this is me telling you: Make the Right Decision. If you're not old enough to vote, you ARE old enough to REGISTER people to vote. My birthday is election day, so I missed voting the first time for Bill Clinton. However, I spent the summer canvassing churches and shit in the blazing Florida sun, registering everyone from panhandlers on the street to church congregations to vote. They would ask me if I was going to vote and I would say that I would not be old enough. So many people loved that, I was out there working to get them to vote even though I couldn't do it.

Sometimes I get disillusioned, the Bush years (Alpha and Beta) are disheartening. But we have a chance for change and it's young people who will make that change. Sea Change (check the Beck album, but not if you're depressed cause you will slit your throat). Obama is about change. I donated to his campaign. I couldn't afford the $2300.00 a plate dinner for Hillary, sorry. She's a cool lady, she's smart as hell, but she's not what I NEED in a president right now. She'll do great work regardless. Just, she doesn't belong in the White House.

Make the right decision.

No comments: