Friday, January 04, 2008

Give me a pigfoot and a bottle of beer


thank Bessie Smith for that jewel of a title - painkiller break...that Maroon 5 song "Sunday Morning" is playing in "Something's Gotta Give" which I am watching. Sometimes life requires comedy.

Give me a pigfoot and a bottle of beer - that's blues comedy, the rest of the song is hilarious, she sings about everyone in the club knowing they are going to get arrested, she curses the piano man for "bringing her down." It's a funny song.

"Something's Gotta Give" is a funny movie about a writer. I'm taking this week to get back to writing since my class is coming to a close and I'm about 3 weeks behind since I was down for two weeks feeling like hot murder and ice spasm and then hospitalized for a week feeling good but ahhhhh....having some major stuff flowing through my veins.

Anywho, SGG is about a middle-aged writer, Dianne Keaton who hooks up with her daughter's older boyfriend, Jack Nicholson ( a master of many trades) who has never dated anyone over the age of 30. I'm at the point in the movie where she has written a Broadway Play about how shittily he behaved the week they were together and she's told him he dies at the end of the play.

If that's not compelling argument for NOT SCREWING WITH US SCRIBES i dont know what is. Yes, we write about the losers in our lives. YES, you might recognize a version of yourself in what you read and FUCK YES, it might not be pretty. I'm talking in general, no one specific seeing as I'm as peace with the world (and getting more so as every moment passes and the pain medication dissipates into my bloodstream).

This stuff is headed for my brain, but I want to shoutout my girl Prayer, for whom I put together a whole photo album cause she's special and I hope she knows it. Big shoutout to Angie in Cairo, Hza in Cleveland, Kyle in SF and Jarrad in Instanbul. Love you muchly!!!

Oh, and MAJOR shoutout to my little sisters: Kezia: I LOVE THE NEW PHOTO. really, getting my gun license and sharpshooter courses, gonna have to kill somebody over you! Nyira: why the partial photo? Will I see you soon? I love you...Caddy: Physics - you only need to know three things (if it goes up it will come down, inertia, and potential vs. kinetic) you use all three in real life. For the particulars, why do you think I have all these friends who are brilliant engineers?

Kisses and hugs to the world!

No comments: