Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Got My Wellies on, but there’s no rain


You guys know that character on Family Guy, Glen, who goes Gididy, gididy, gididy whenever he gets around women? Yeah, THAT GUY. I danced with him at a wedding recently. (Camille breaks into spontaneous laughter) And I couldn't get away from him, he was inhumanly strong and he was "aroused" (more laughter).

But hey, we both had a good time. I don't know what just made me think of that. Funny memory.

I'm at Panera Bread pirating Internet. My Papa upended the household system...again. But hey, I figured out how to keep the cross-draft in my room from freezing me out, so I don't have any real complaints.

Okay, I'm lying, I have one. But it's w.o.r.k.-related and not that deep. Just, you know, gotta keep the vision of where I'm going - where I'm guiding the company - even when other people cannot see what I'm doing or understand it at all. What's that Chinese saying "those who cannot achieve should not tell those who can what is impossible?" Yeah, watch me shine.

I have one assignment remaining in my writing class and one of my classmates is convinced it's about to be WWF smackdown between me and the instructor. I can't imagine what makes her think that. Why do I come off so much more intensely than I actually feel about things? I mean, I just say what I'm thinking, but I guess I'm not passive-aggressive, I'm just aggressive. :)

Really, I have no problems with my instructor. She gives off-the-wall comments sometimes, but generally, she's very encouraging and I save all her comments because there is stuff I'm certain I'll understand better in the future. I appreciate the feedback, especially from another author. I just don't take all of it to heart. It's *just* feedback.

Well, I have to go and do some internet-training to the coterie of employees. Wait, I can't resist repeating the work-related comment that bugged me this morning. I hired 3 new people who didn't have the good sense to keep their salaries to themselves, so now the 3 old employees are mildly pissed. That would be THEIR problem, when you compare yourself to other people you are bound to come up short sometimes. Just the same, someone outside of the organization asked 'why are there now so many people working?'

This after months and months of me hearing how there wasn't enough staff to get anything done - daily harping and carping - not enough people to get things done. I mean, it was nearly Old Testament type crying to the Lawd about the shortage and how could pharoah be so cruel from Pharoah on down! So, I come out of the hospital, deal with crazy gonzales, move on and do three quick-hires of people with strong customer service and communication skills. Then my docs put me back on house-arrest but EVERYONE int he company makes blood vows to train the new people who have no medical background.

Fast-foward 4 weeks and now it's "there are too many people working." HUH? WHAT? You know, I need everyone to have a prescription that they take when things are getting a ltitle overwhelming so they can just chill out and leave well-enough alone. I have a plan, my superiors know I have a plan and what the plan is...the rest will work itself out.

No comments: