Thursday, November 08, 2007

Gonna trade my life for Fortune & Fame

I'll even cut my hair and change my name....

"Your bitch chose me, you ain't a pimp, you a FAIRYYYYYYY!"



Wait, I just re-read my last sentence, courtesy of UGK, and had to spit out my tea. That shit is fun-nyy. And it's backed by this old soul track "I choose you girl" which is quite the romantic soul ballad, but they twist it up and make it entirely dirty. it's the kind of song where you're dancing in the dark entwined with some nameless dude and its simulated sex on the dancefloor. With a lot of sweat and a lot of skin-stroking.

Can anyone else tell I'm having a birthday with the titanium tinge? Oddly enough, I've decided to redeclare my birthday to April 17th or so. That's the day I came out of anesthesia and I wasn't full of disease any longer, sounds like a birthday to me.

"Don't stop, don't stop now, just keep on going, until I come, until I come in." Love those Brazilian Girls. that's Ibiza music. I would love to hear it mixed with some throaty carmen mccrae, there is a bay area/atl-sometimed dj SoMuchSoul who I would pay money to dance to again. She could mix it. She made these Rooted Reggae mixes, I mean, the whole diaspora showed up for her parties at Petit Baobob in the Mission (SF) and we would all be in there with our languages (french, portuguese, english, german, mixtures of all them and then all the African Dialects) rubbin' up and dancin' til the wee hours. There would be drummers in the corner and then the singers would show up. They were so seamless you didn't know if the track was turnin' or the girl was burnin' up the vocals and we danced and we dance and we danced.

I remember my Italian personal trainer freaked me up against a wall and I was so shocked I sat down for the rest of the night cause I thought he was gay up until that moment and it was just too serious. I have those lapses.

We're going to leave Claire alone tonight. She has a lot to think about, being dead and all. She has to figure a way out of the trouble she's in.

"Nobody stands in between me and My man..."

No comments: