Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The guilt will kill you, if she doesn't first

Well, I came through my long passage into the heart of darkness and i'm back through the other side feeling pretty rosy. Thank god for friends who can know your emotions even when they seem too big for your own body! Kyle talked me down off the roof or fence or whatever sphere I was clapping around on.

I am still listening to Amy Winehouse. I don't know who wrote her lyrics and what siren had to die to bequeath her this voice, but she is singing my story over and over again. Last night I went through my poetry from high school - some was cringe-worthy but I knew it was cringe-worthy when I wrote it. Most of it chronicled the confusion of a girl growing up in a difficult environment, knowing more than she should about things many people never thought about. It was good to see I'm consistent with myself. Thank god I write or i might get the foolish notion that I go unchanged or that there are things about me that will never change. Neither is true - i change, I grow, I get the fucking hint on the second or third go-round and I occasionally run into people who intrigue me so deeply that I all but put ice hooks into them for a closer study. that's the camille.

"I stay up, clean the house, at least i'm not drinking" - Amy Winehouse singing again

I'm a little too deeply into this album, I think I'll just transcribe my writing for the day, read a little something and enjoy my darvocet.

Tootles to ya'll

No comments: