Friday, March 23, 2007

Back To Life

That Soul II Soul song always gets me. I was having a Pity Party this morning, replete with pinata, imaginary friends and mourners and even a black-clad band playing a funereal dirge. Now, i'm feeling a lot more up. I have a great life. I'm preparing for a surgery that could very well change my life - or at least my quality of life - forever. I'm opening myself to greater professional and creative opportunities. I turned 28 - and i Never thought I would get this far.

My sticking point is a one-night stand I had 3 years ago. I've never gotten hung up on a one-night stand before. Usually, I'm over the experience as soon as the experience ends. There are notable exceptions, I dated a one-nighter for a few months because that person was worth the time. And there was a flight attendant on Air Jamaica who was so atrocious that I mentally admonished myself for the entire bus ride to the airport and scandalized my friends with the tale which was still pretty funny despite the wretched performance.

Just saying that this is a sticking point, and putting it in historical perspective, makes the idea that I'm "stuck" on some one-nighter pretty funny. HaHaHa I'm laughing because I'm having a stupid human moment. One of those moment that a buddhist monk would not condone where I'm looking so hard and squinting so severely into the past and projecting with such force and verve into the future that I'm skipping over a few moments in the present.

And 40 oz. for Freedom just came on my jukebox. Enjoying the present is paramount.

No comments: