Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Visible Human


The Visible Corpse
I just watche the most fascinating documentary. I really like documentaries and cartoons. And Action movies. And Romances. And Musicals.

Wait. I'm distracted.

So. The Visible Corpse is a documentary about a Texas Death Row inmate who elected to give his body to science and it became the slides for the Visible Human, a virtual reality demo tht details every system and portion of the human body.

The docs who worked on this guy were pretty funny. Wait, that's not accurate. They weren't working on him, they were working on his frozen cadaver. First they chopped it into four 20 inch sections, then they shaved 1 mm portions and filmed each portion to create the virtual reality presentation.

Interspersed with the video of the slicing, dicing and grinding were interviews with the family of the guy who donated his body. They told about his crime, his childhood, how they felt when they learned what had happened to his corpse...they even interviewed the Death Row Chaplain who administered his last rites and helped him arrange to have his body donated. It was informative.

This morning I watched a documentary on Prison Medicine. I'll reserve comment on that because what I want to say involves euthanasia. I'll just leave it at: The Spartans weren't too far off in how they dealt with babies. But I'm no expert and I'm intolerant about some things, such as child molestation and sexual assault.

Today I'm determined to take it easy. I've been rip-roaring and moving around entirely too much lately. SO, I'm on bed rest, otherwise I'll screw myself six ways to sunday.

A friend gave me a hilarious photo of Michael Vick being chased by a pit bull...I had to post it because it makes me laugh so hard.

Hoping everyone has a Happy Wednesday!

No comments: