Sunday, July 08, 2007

She Calls Me Adolescent



She Calls Me Adolescent
This summer i went back
to the years I missed
being an adult at an early age
required a backtrack or two

now there is leisure time
to figure out what i missed
or hid away for the few,
far between private times.

she calls me adolescent
he says i'm 16
i woudn't give up this time
for anything.

© Camille A Williams

Well, my russian music sites are no more. Apparently the RIAA (they are the debbil) used Russia's desire to join the World Trade Organization to force the sites to close. Something similar was done in Sweden about a year ago to a sharenet organiztion, PirateBay, that had the BEST movies. The deal with all of this is that it doesn't take money from an artist to have their music downloaded, even if it is paid for in rubles (that was brilliant, simply brilliant, maybe the Sudan or Egypt can start a service), it takes money from the executives who make their money from the sweat of the artists and the work of songwriters, sound engineers etc.

A moment of silence for capitalism at its purest.

In the meantime, I finally buckled and bought Sam Cooke: Live at the Harlem Club from Itunes. I had to have it. Sam's voice is so smooth, so supple, and at the same time so raw that it's the vocal equivalent of sonic sex. Sonic orgasm. I do love Sam Cooke's voice and look. I definately would have thrown my undergarments on the stage while he sang - whether it was secular or spiritual.

Not much is happening today. I've turned my room into a sauna, being a little low on blood means I get cold easily. I always have a chill. Additionally, I took a page from Huey Freeman of the Boondocks' book and decided to draft a contract for my return to work. I'm requiring total creative control. I have a vision and I've been fighting for 4 years to institute minor parts of my vision, but for my business to make the money it is capable of doing without any member of the team stroking out in the process, we need to follow the vision through.

I also realized that I have a diminished supply of anger. It's slipping away. Perhaps I'm spending too mmuch time with my dad or the animals, but anger isn't easy for me to access. Then, there is the obvious answer, I'm not in pain so it's not nearly as easy to irritate me since I'm not already past the point of normal irritation. I think there are many factors in my shifting change in temperment, not the least of which is that I live in a calm, supportive environmet and I catheterize myself multiple times a day. Really, how much anger can you maintain when you've got to find the right hole?

Just a note, since I love my technology, if you have a Mac, download Gimp, it's photoshop for broke folks.

No comments: