Monday, July 16, 2007

It's all fun and games until the Flying Monkeys Attack

Isn't that just the pure truth? There you are, meandering through your life doing your best to have a nice time and keep folks happy and then here come the damn monkeys - flinging offal and whatnot.

So, today was a good day. An Ice Cube good day, all but mama cookin' a breakfast with no hog. I dusted the house and noticed the difference. I did some of my day-job work and figured out the next chapter in my latest little story.

Then the monkeys showed up! ze Visigoth got home in a pretty good but semi-strange mood. I'd found some aquamarine men's tighty undershorts in my closet and i gave them to him. He said they weren't his.

Fast forward 20 minutes and he's asking who they belong to and suggesting names. Cue: Mortification. It wasn't funny any more and I coulda sworn I heard monkeys screeching in my ears.

Luckily, the day was saved by my new writing class. Hooray! I'm back in school. I'm probably jumping the gun just a little on the whole "going to school" thing if only because physically it's a difficult campus to get around and there isn't any drop-off access. So, I have to walk for 7 minutes. I'm two and one half weeks away from the last surgery, about 2 months from the latest really big surgery.

The payoff for my pain, though, is a cool class that is basically a lecture with exercises and an interesting instructor. So, yay for me, I was not carried off by the flying monkeys.

No comments: